Who We Are
We are a bunch of coders spread across a number of cross-functional Agile teams building cool stuff!
Software engineers, QA testers, designers, and managers all share a large common space and share a common vision of clean, pragmatic code with a clear goal to help athletes train better! Most of us are competitive athletes of some kind who are passionate about their training and training tools, make heavy use of the TrainingPeaks applications, and bring that experience into their job. Weekly group rides or powerlifting sessions in our Pain Cave (tm) are a common way to release stress and refresh our creativity.
We have a large amount of legacy code and technical debt which we all dislike yet we are dealing with: refactoring and unit testing are daily practices and each one of us is passionate about fixing broken windows as they're found. New features are often pair-programmed and almost always include full automated test coverage. At the same time, our manager and leaders constantly strive to balance technical debt with the pragmatism of an agile process. We started down the Scrum path earlier this year, and some of our teams have slowly evolved towards Kanban and pull-based Lean methods. Teams love the level of communication of daily standups and weekly process reviews, and each developer is deeply motivated to constantly improve their daily workflow.
Who You Are
You are an engineer at heart, somebody who wants to solve problems and build cool stuff and you have worked in software development professionally for 1 to 5 years.
Are you also extremely passionate about clean code, refactoring, and agile processes, along with having strong interest in our industry? Then you should definitely apply for this position!
- Experience and desire to work with some of the following technologies: Web Development, HTML/CSS, jQuery, Underscore.js, Grunt.js, Mocha, Selenium, Require.js, Backbone & Backbone.Marionette.js, Handlebars template engine, Flot or D3 graphing engines, a variety of browsers & their pecularities, LESS and/or SASS, NodeJS, MongoDB, Redis, Git & GitHub, TeamCity CI, AWS.
- Strong passion for problem solving and for constantly evolving technologies and software development methods. We want you to become part of our Culture of Knowledge!
Some of what you will be doing:
- Implement brand new Back-End features in our .NET C# stack built on top of SQL Server 2008, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Help maintain and improve our TeamCity continuous integration process.
- Regularly learn new technologies, libraries, skills that might apply to our environments, and mentor junior developers on existing and new methodologies.
- Understand our software process and continously strive to improve it by actively participating in daily stand ups and weekly retros/process reviews.
Perks & Benefits include:
- Company paid medical insurance for employee and dependents (buy-up options available).
- Company paid dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available).
- $1,200/yr fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living.
- Three weeks of PTO for all new hires...increases in PTO at various years of service.
- After 7 years of service we offer a four week paid sabbatical for all employees.
- Company paid cell phone and plan (data, text and minutes).
- Friday Hackfests: every Friday is spent coworking with other teams tackling code you have been wanting to tackle for months or doing grassroots feature development.
- We have a very flexible work schedule among a group of high-performance, highly driven professionals. Most of the employees at Peaksware are fitness/outdoor enthusiasts or competitive endurance athletes, and are passionate about both the work they do and the products they produce. We are located in the North East of Boulder, CO.
- If you are looking for a great atmosphere, fun people, and the ability to make a difference in the health and fitness of people everywhere, we want to talk with you.