Who We Are
We are a bunch of coders spread across a number of cross-functional Agile teams building cool stuff!
Software engineers, QA testers, designers, and managers all share a large common space and share a common vision of clean, pragmatic code with a clear goal to help athletes train better! Most of us are competitive athletes of some kind who are passionate about their training and training tools, make heavy use of the TrainingPeaks applications, and bring that experience into their job. Weekly group rides or powerlifting sessions in our Pain Cave (tm) are a common way to release stress and refresh our creativity.
We have a large amount of legacy code and technical debt which we all dislike yet we are dealing with: refactoring and unit testing are daily practices and each one of us is passionate about fixing broken windows as they're found. New features are often pair-programmed and almost always include full automated test coverage. At the same time, our manager and leaders constantly strive to balance technical debt with the pragmatism of an agile process. We started down the Scrum path earlier this year, and some of our teams have slowly evolved towards Kanban and pull-based Lean methods. Teams love the level of communication of daily standups and weekly process reviews, and each developer is deeply motivated to constantly improve their daily workflow.
Who You Are
Are you extremely passionate about clean code, refactoring, and agile processes? Do you love working both in the backend creating new .NET Web API endpoints or refactoring older C# technical debt and in the front end creating Backbone.js Views and Models with matching Jasmine unit tests? Then you should seriously consider applying...
You should have and/or be interested in at least one of the following skillsets:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent Sciences/Math/Engineering degree, OR equivalent experience.
- Very advanced knowledge of OOD, common OO practices, and Design Patterns (in any language))
- C# / .NET and web experience (Basic to advanced)
- RESTful API knowledge: create, maintain, debug (.NET or other technologies ok)
- HTML/CSS experience: good to have, not necessary.
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: SQL Server, nHibernate, MongoDB, Redis, Web API, Git & GitHub, TeamCity CI, AWS, HTML5, Selenium, nUnit, IOC.
- Strong passion for problem solving and for constantly evolving technologies and software development methods. We want you to become part of our Culture of Knowledge!
The approximate duties of this position include:
- Create new .NET Web API endpoints by using, refactoring, and improving our common, legacy C# business layer.
- Help maintain and improve our TeamCity continuous integration process.
- Regularly learn new technologies, libraries, skills that might apply to our environments, and mentor junior developers on existing and new methodologies.
- Understand our software process and continously strive to improve it by actively participating in daily stand ups and weekly retros/process reviews.
Benefits and perks include:
- Competitive annual salary.
- Company paid medical insurance for employee and dependents (buy-up options available).
- Company paid dental and vision insurance for employees and dependents (dependent coverage available).
- $1,200/yr fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living.
- Three weeks of PTO for all new hires...increases in PTO at various years of service.
- After 7 years of service we offer a four week paid sabbatical for all employees.
- Company paid cell phone and plan (data, text and minutes).
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Pain Cave (tm) access: in-office treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit equipment
- We have a very flexible work schedule among a group of high-performance, highly driven professionals. Most of the employees at Peaksware are fitness/outdoor enthusiasts or competitive endurance athletes, and are passionate about both the work they do and the products they produce.
- We are located in the North East of Boulder, CO.
- If you are looking for a great atmosphere, fun people, and the ability to make a difference in the health and fitness of people everywhere, we want to talk with you.